Yearender: Vaxx rollout dominates Politiko Central Luzon headlines; Cojuangco scion, GMA in top 10
Headlines about the Covid-19 vaccination rollout of local government units in Region 3 dominated Politiko Central Luzon this year.
Mabalacat City’s announcement of the online registration for the A3 and A4 sectors was the most read story of 2021.
In second place was the pre-registration for the free Covid-19 vaccination program in Tarlac province.
But some local and national politikos also figured among the top newsmakers in Central Luzon.
The third most-read story was about the charges against the mayor of Sto. Tomas town in Pampanga, Gloria Ronquillo, annd her son Raymond Ronquillo, executive director of R33 Car Exchange, who was also now being investigated by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) for alleged smuggling of over 150 luxury vehicles.
Politiko readers also clicked on a story about the young scion of the Cojuangco clan, Jaime Diaz Cojuangco, who filed his candidacy for the congressional seat of Tarlac’s first district to substitute for his father, Tarlac Rep. Charlie Cojuangco, who was recovering from an aneurysm.
Rounding out the top five was an article about the declaration of a nonworking day in Bulacan province.
In sixth place was an article about one of Central Luzon’s most popular figures, former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, who talked about her vision for the Pampanga Megalopolis as the “next jewel of Southeast Asia.”
Here are the top 10 most-read stories on Politiko Central Luzon in 2021:
1. Mabalacat starts online signup for A3, A4 sectors: https://centralluzon.politics.com.ph/mabalacat-starts-online-signup-for-a3-a4-sectors/
2. Online pre-registration launched in Tarlac City for free Covid vaccines: https://centralluzon.politics.com.ph/online-pre-registration-launched-in-tarlac-city-for-free-covid-vaccines/
3. Pampanga mayor in car trouble: https://centralluzon.politics.com.ph/pampanga-mayor-in-car-trouble/
4. Young Cojuangco scion fills in for dad Charlie as Tarlac rep: https://centralluzon.politics.com.ph/young-cojuangco-scion-fills-in-for-dad-charlie-as-tarlac-rep/
5. Malacanang declares Jan 23 as special nonworking day in Bulacan: https://centralluzon.politics.com.ph/malacanang-declares-jan-23-as-special-non-working-day-in-bulacan/
6. GMA: Pampanga Megalopolis to become jewel of Southeast Asia: https://centralluzon.politics.com.ph/gma-pampanga-megalopolis-to-become-jewel-of-southeast-asia/
7. Pampanga enforces lockdown; visitors must present negative Covid test: https://centralluzon.politics.com.ph/pampanga-enforces-lockdown-visitors-must-present-negative-covid-test/
8. Curfew checkpoints back in Subic Freeport: https://centralluzon.politics.com.ph/curfew-checkpoints-back-in-subic-freeport/
9. 76 OFWs return home safely under Balik Pampanga program: https://centralluzon.politics.com.ph/76-ofws-return-home-safely-under-balik-pampanga-program/
10. PDP-Laban Bulacan asks Munsayac to resign after bewildering defense of Pacquiao: https://centralluzon.politics.com.ph/pdp-laban-bulacan-asks-munsayac-to-resign-after-bewildering-defense-of-pacquiao/
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.