Tarlac Rep. Villanueva raises constituents’ concerns against military
Tarlac 3rd District Representative Noel Villanueva raised the concerns of his constituents in Capas town against the military when the proposed budget for the Department of National Defense and Armed Forces of the Philippines was deliberated upon in Congress last week.
On his Facebook account, Villanueva shared on Tuesday a video of him, manifesting before Muntinlupa City Rep. Ruffy Biazon the different issues of residents in the Crow Valley Range that have since been controlled by the Philippine Air Force.
Biazon sponsored and defended the DND’s P250 billion proposed cash budget for 2019 during the deliberations before dawn of Oct. 2.
Villanueva reiterated the complaints already brought up two years ago with the DND and AFP, of residents covered by what is now called the Col. Ernesto Ravena Airbase in Capas.
He said the PAF 610th Special Operations Wing continue to refuse residents from bringing in construction materials for the repair of their damaged houses.
There are also delays in the construction of nationally funded projects like school buildings and other multipurpose buildings.
Air Force personnel are also allegedly destroying agricultural crops, preventing farmers from tilling their lands, and even engaging themselves in cattle raising in areas being farmed by residents, Villanueva said.
Biazon responded by saying that, according to the military, the matters were already discussed in a meeting in Malacanang, and that a technical working group will be created to address those concerns.
Villanueva asked for the commitment of the DND and AFP to act soon on these concerns as he could not wait for another two years or more.
“I have full trust and confidence in the words of the Secretary of National Defense when we were in the lounge that he will instruct his officers to allow entry of construction materials for repair of damaged houses in that area, until such time that a final relocation plan is presented,” Villanueva said.
The politiko disclosed that there is a proposal to relocate the residents of three barangays in the area, involving 10,000 families.
“We need to see a relocation plan which is viable and acceptable to those affected residents,” he said.(END)
Recommended on other sites
Politiko Main Latest News
North Luzon Latest News
Metro Manila Latest News
South Luzon Latest News
Bicol Latest News
Visayas Latest News
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.