Luzon towns among the country’s top earners – COA
Nine of 10 highest earning municipalities in the country come from the island region of Luzon, the Commission on Audit (COA) said.
In the 2015 Annual Financial Report on local government units, the municipality of Cainta in Rizal led the list with P1.165 billion worth of revenues in 2015.
Cainta was the only municipality to breach the one billion-peso mark.
The rest of the top 10 are:
2. General Trias (Cavite) – P957.1 million
3. Taytay (Rizal) – P700.48 million
4. Rosario (Cavite) – P656.18 million
5. Mariveles (Bataan) – P617.17 million
6. Rodriguez (Rizal) – P593.13 million
7. Daan Bantayan (Cebu) – P570.52 million
8. Sto. Tomas (Batangas) – P569.88 million
9. Binangonan (Rizal) – P552.32 million
10. Silang (Cavite) – P541.67 million
Among the towns, Marivieles registered the biggest surplus of P269.169 million for keeping its expenses down at P348 million.
It was followed by General Trias with P248.636 million net earnings (P708.46 million expenses) and Binangonan with P212.823 million (P339.497 million expenses).
Cainta has a surplus of P180.412 million, with expenses of P984.72 million.
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.