Central Luzon under Signal No. 3 as ‘Ulysses’ barges in
The Pagasa weather bureau on Wednesday hoisted Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal No. 3 over many areas in Luzon, including Nueva Ecija, Aurora, Tarlac, Zambales, Bataan, Pampanga and Bulacan provinces.
That signal means 121 to 170 kph winds prevailing or expected in 18 hours, with the following expected damage:
• Heavy damage to high–risk structures;
• Moderate damage to medium-risk structures;
• Light damage to low risk structures
• Increasing damage (up to more than 50%) to old, dilapidated residential structures and houses of light materials. Majority of all nipa and cogon houses may be unroofed or destroyed
• Houses of medium strength materials (old, timber or mixed timber-CHB structures, usually with G.I. roofing’s); some warehouses or bodega-type structures are unroofed.
• There may be widespread disruption of electrical power and communication services.
• Almost all banana plants are downed.
• Some big trees (acacia, mango, etc.) are broken or uprooted.
• Dwarf-type or hybrid coconut trees are tilted or downed.
• Rice and corn crops may suffer heavy losses.
• Damage to shrubbery and trees with foliage blown off; some large trees blown down.
Ulysses will bring “destructive winds and intense with at times torrential rainfall” in Southern Luzon and parts of Central Luzon, according to Pagasa.
Until tonight, heavy to intense with at times torrential rains are expected over Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, and Catanduanes.
But there will be light to moderate with at times heavy rains over Metro Manila and the rest of Luzon and Visayas.
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.