Bulacan balikbayan who died of Covid-19 had 20 close contacts — health officials
Bulacan’s first Covid-19 fatality was a balikbayan from London who only came home to attend a birthday party in San Ildefonso town, the Bulacan provincial health office said on Wednesday.
The elderly man, identified by the Department of Health only as PH57, had at least 20 close contacts, who have since been identified and are now in quarantine and being monitored, officials said, citing information from the DOH.
“Ipinababatid ng aming tanggapan na natukoy na ang 20 tao na naging close contact ni PH57 at lahat sila at patuloy na mino-monitor at naka-quarantine,” the officials said.
“Kung kaya naman, walang dapat ipangamba ang publiko lalo na ang mga taga-San Ildefonso,” the health office said.
“Matatandaan din na napatagal ang pagsama ng kasong ito sa ating lalawigan dahil itinaas pa sa DOH Central Office kung ito ay ibibilang gayong si PH57 ay hindi lehitimong taga-San Ildefonso,” they added.
The man attended the party last week and later showed symptoms. He then tested positive for the disease.
He died in a hospital in Metro Manila.
Bulacan has five other cases of Covid-19, including Baliwag Mayor Ferdie Estrella.
Recommended on other sites
Politiko Main Latest News
North Luzon Latest News
Metro Manila Latest News
South Luzon Latest News
Bicol Latest News
Visayas Latest News
Mindanao Latest News
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.