Aurora’s Covid-19 cases jump to 11 after Dipaculao crisis
From three, there are now 11 confirmed cases in Aurora province following reports that an official in Dipaculao town broke protocols by visiting Nueva Ecija without going on self-quarantine.
As of October 15, there are now 11 confirmed cases in the province, which had the lowest number in Central Luzon. The province is still the only one with less than 20 cases.
According to Department of Health figures, there are six persons discharged and four admitted to hospital, and one recovered. There are no deaths.
Politiko reported earlier that at least nine people including the Dipaculao official’s close contacts have tested positive for the virus, prompting local officials to track down 11 other close contacts and locking down the affected barangay.
Some 245 individuals were ordered to stay at home or 14 days while 35 will be quarantined in LGU facilities, Dipaculao officials said.
Aurora Governor Gerardo Noveras, in an October 13 address, said the official, whom he did not name, left the province several times allegedly to visit family in a Nueva Ecija town with Covid-19 cases. The official even went to a “salo-salo” in the house he was visiting.
Noveras said the official, upon returning to Dipaculao, did not go on self-quarantine and instead continued performing his duties and visited barangays.
The governor said the official showed recklessness and lack of discipline and put many lives at risk because of his actions.
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.