Suansing is part of this historic moment at the House
The House of Representatives is convening as a committee of the whole on Wednesday, May 31 to be briefed by the Cabinet and security officials on the declaration of martial law in Mindanao.
Nueva Ecija 1st District Representative Estrellita Suansing documented the event, posting pictures from the plenary hall on her Facebook account.
“Happening now. Session is on going for the Committee of the Whole to listen to the report of various Executive Agencies on the facts and basis by the President to proclaim Martial Law in Mindanao,” said Suansing.
She even quoted Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez, who said in a speech during the briefing, “Let us aid the President, let us also do our part to legislate.”
Recommended on other sites
Politiko Main Latest News
- Laban Leila: Asia’s lady leaders confident de Lima will be proven innocent of trumped up drug charges filed by Duterte
- Dick says Blue Ribbon will hands off on plunder cases vs Aquino, Abad, Garin: They are in a very,very dark place
- US public health ‘word ban’ sparks outrage: Fetus, diversity, transgender
North Luzon Latest News
Metro Manila Latest News
South Luzon Latest News
Bicol Latest News
- Change is still the buzzword! Camarines Sur Rep. Noli Fuentebella explains why we need change
- Ayos, libreng droga! Pinamalayan Mayor Aristeo Baldos Jr. thanks generous constituent for donating free meds
- CamSur Gov. Migz Villafuerte asks bus companies to cancel trips to ensure safety of passengers amid Urduja threat
Visayas Latest News
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.