Saklolo, Gina Lopez! Group seeks DENR help vs Bataan coal-fired plant
A group is seeking the help of the local government and the Department of Environment and Natural Resources against the continued operation of a coal-fired power plant in Bataan.
The Coal Free Bataan Movement said ash from the plant has caused respiratory and skin diseases among residents near the facility.
“Ito ang gusto naming iparating yung usapin doon sa mga tao sa pagkakasakit nila, duon sa pagkasira ng kalikasan, ito yung mga gusto naming i-agenda para doon sa local authority at DENR,” group head Derec Cabe said on Church-run Radyo Veritas.
The group claimed the plant releases some 254 tons of ash daily, affecting residents especially children and the elderly.
It noted DENR Sec. Regina Lopez had promised to hold Petron Corp. and San Miguel Corp. accountable for the smoke from the plant.
Recommended on other sites
Politiko Main Latest News
- Laban Leila: Asia’s lady leaders confident de Lima will be proven innocent of trumped up drug charges filed by Duterte
- Dick says Blue Ribbon will hands off on plunder cases vs Aquino, Abad, Garin: They are in a very,very dark place
- US public health ‘word ban’ sparks outrage: Fetus, diversity, transgender
North Luzon Latest News
Metro Manila Latest News
South Luzon Latest News
Bicol Latest News
- Change is still the buzzword! Camarines Sur Rep. Noli Fuentebella explains why we need change
- Ayos, libreng droga! Pinamalayan Mayor Aristeo Baldos Jr. thanks generous constituent for donating free meds
- CamSur Gov. Migz Villafuerte asks bus companies to cancel trips to ensure safety of passengers amid Urduja threat
Visayas Latest News
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.