Pampanga Rep. Arroyo gives tribute to late father
Pampanga Representative Gloria Macapagal Arroyo on Monday made a tribute to his late father, Diosdado Macapagal, for his 107th birthday.
The greeting, albeit late for four days, was posted on the lawmaker’s Facebook page with a black and white photo of young Gloria with his father.
“I have always lived by my late father’s philosophy – you can do anything you want as long as you do what’s right and do your best. God will take care of the rest. Happy 107th birthday Dad!” Rep. Arroyo captioned her post.
Diosdado Macapagal, born Sept. 28, 1910, was the ninth President of the Philippines. He served in Malacañang from 1961 to 1965, where he was called the “Poor Boy from Lubao.”
He was also a former vice president, a member of the House of Representatives and head of the Constitutional Convention of 1970.
His daughter, Gloria, was the 14th President of the Philippines from 2001 to 2010. She spent the first years of her life in her father’s hometown, Lubao.
Recommended on other sites
Politiko Main Latest News
- Laban Leila: Asia’s lady leaders confident de Lima will be proven innocent of trumped up drug charges filed by Duterte
- Dick says Blue Ribbon will hands off on plunder cases vs Aquino, Abad, Garin: They are in a very,very dark place
- US public health ‘word ban’ sparks outrage: Fetus, diversity, transgender
North Luzon Latest News
Metro Manila Latest News
South Luzon Latest News
Bicol Latest News
- Change is still the buzzword! Camarines Sur Rep. Noli Fuentebella explains why we need change
- Ayos, libreng droga! Pinamalayan Mayor Aristeo Baldos Jr. thanks generous constituent for donating free meds
- CamSur Gov. Migz Villafuerte asks bus companies to cancel trips to ensure safety of passengers amid Urduja threat
Visayas Latest News
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.