Four police chiefs sacked for allowing jueteng to flourish in Batangas, Laguna
Four police chiefs from Calabarzon region were relieved from their current posts for failure to address the anti-illegal numbers game in their respective areas.
Philippine National Police Superintendent Chitadel Gaoiran, chief of the police regional public information office, said the officials kicked out of their posts starting Aug. 11 were:
1) Police Superintendent Carlos Barde, Lipa City Police chief
2) Supt. Geovanny Emerick Sibalo, Sto. Tomas Municipal Police chief.
3) Supt. Ronan Claravall, San Pablo City Police chief
4) Supt. Zeric Soriano, San Pedro Municipal Police chief.
Gaoiran said the relieved chiefs of police are now assigned at the Provincial Personnel Holding and Accounting Unit in their respective police provincial offices and await administrative proceedings.
Gaoiran said the move was pursuant to Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief and Police Director-General Ronald Dela Rosa’s directive to relieve unit commanders who failed to stop the illegal numbers game in their respective areas.
The war on illegal gambling is one of President Rodrigo Duterte’s priorities under Executive No. 13 which orders the PNP and other concerned agencies to work together and intensify their efforts in curbing illegal gambling.
Recommended on other sites
Politiko Main Latest News
North Luzon Latest News
Metro Manila Latest News
South Luzon Latest News
Bicol Latest News
- Albay province eyes sports summit next year to train young athletes, coaches
- Inom pa more! Sto. Domingo Councilor Pipay Ras encourages you to drink more during the holidays— drink more water, that is
- Who says in-laws don’t get along? Masbate Vice Gov. Kaye Revil posts sweet bday message for sis in law
Visayas Latest News
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.